Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Reflecting LIght - Painting



I was at a conference lately "Dangerous Women" in Moscow, Idaho - part of the Darwin's Dead End Conference at Doug Wilson's Christ Church.
Speaker Bekah Merkle was comparing people to the moon. We are dusty, pock marked, and dead - but when we reflect the sun/son, Jesus Christ we become glorious and beautiful.

This painting began as a thought during my prayer time.  Usually I have ideas for paintings that are so magnificent, I know I am incapable of painting them. But this idea was plain - a simple waning moon with 3 bare trees in front.  Since I wasn't particularly inspired, I did my first rendition with acrylics on a 16"X 12" canvas paper (matted).  I liked that so much I redid it with acrylics on canvas 20"X 16."  I am calling them Reflections of Light.

One of the things that I love about creative enterprises is that they take us to unexpected places. Art or the poetry lead us into what it wants to say.  That must be why the best creations are said to be "inspired," or Spirit breathed.  This painting took me to a place of great peace and light. I enjoy staring at it.  I hope you enjoy it too.
As usual, I have to apologize for the quality of the photos. I take them on my Chromebook, and I just can't get the angles right.  What I really want is the latest Samsung phone which takes amazing photos - but I don't want the monthly cellphone bill.
As usual - all of my work is on sale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment