Saturday, April 9, 2016

Not of that Camp - comment




Have you ever railed against or imputed unjust motives or lifestyle to a Christian and been knocked down pretty hard by God for it?  My personal example of this still surprises me.  I was railing on Pope Francis about a year ago. Nothing very serious - I can’t even remember what I was saying about him outloud, but to myself, as I was cleaning house.  I think I was commenting about all the free press and praise he gets for what I thought was a minor thing. (No, I don’t remember what.)  Well right at that moment my curtain rod fell down as I was pulling my curtain back and knocked me real good on top of my head.  


“That was scary,” I muttered. For I strongly felt that my Lord was rebuking me for my comments about the pope, with literally, a rod.


Now I’m not Catholic and don’t really believe in the office of “pope-hood,”  yet I felt quite strongly that I shouldn’t be criticizing this man that I really knew very little about.  Ever since then, I have felt that Pope Francis is anointed by God.  He has some type of authority that I do not understand.


I have a believing friend who has at times unjustly criticized some Christians that I know but who she doesn’t know at all.  Enough of a criticism that I felt the need to defend them.  I think - we should be cautious brethren - critiquing those in Christ. For those that the Lord says are His people and the sheep of His pasture.  Unbelievers often make harsh accusations and even lies against Christians - this is to be expected - but we should not be of that camp.

Forgive me Lord for all my unjust critiques of other believers for which you have not yet rebuked me.

Pope_Francis_Korea_Haemi_Castle_19.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment