Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Ancient Paths - Poem



“Stand by the roads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths,
where the good way is; and walk in it, and find rest for your
souls,” (Jeremiah 6:16 ESV).


To find the ancient ways we must look with more than our eyes. We must turn to guidance from those who still remember..  Who remember the God of the Decalogue: the God who spoke from heaven; Yahweah is his name. The Lord God Almighty.  


To remember the ancient paths, we must turn off the tv and open up the Holy Book, the ancient book, The Word of God. He still speaks today. Yahweah is his name.


We must remember that we are dust, and he is the One who breathed into us; who gave us life; who gave us his word. He who demands our acknowledgement of him, our gratefulness, our obedience.  He is not silent.  


We are commanded to bow before him and not to any other gods. To no one else to do we give our obeisance.


To rewrite the laws of God to curve around our pressing need… our creeping sin… to exchange our worship for him with something that is created… is a graven image sin. A death warrant, stoning sin. A diabolical deceiving sin which wraps around us suffocating, stealing, the breath of life from our very heart and lungs…


Yahweah you alone are great! You alone are worthy to be praised.  You alone are worthy to be named King and Creator.  Yah there is no other god before you.

Thank you for this revelation.
Thank you for calling me to know you.
Thank you for leading me in your ways, for teaching me your truth, for claiming me as your own, for never letting go. For bringing me back to you when my fickle heart strays, for chastising me, for comforting me, for warning me, for rewarding me with your Holy Presence and your Holy Spirit, and with more knowledge of your ancient paths that I may follow you all of the days that you have given me on this dry and weary land, on this lonely dusty road, on this narrow narrow way.  Thank you.


“   when the Lord Jesus appears from heaven. He will come with
his mighty angels, in flaming fire, bringing judgment on those
who don’t know God and on those who refuse to obey the Good
News of our Lord Jesus, (2 Thessalonians 1:7-7 NLT).

No comments:

Post a Comment